Saturday, September 22, 2012

Chongqing

I've been in Chongqing (Beibei, to be exact) ever since we got back from Huaying. To be honest, we really haven't done very much. Most of my time is spent at home, online...doing some remote work for a start-up my friend introduced me to, on Facebook, on Gmail, watching Numb3rs on Netflix, etc. The only time we really went out was when we visited yet another historic site, called Changshou. It's currently in the process of being renovated so it wasn't complete when we visited. It was still interesting though; they modeled it after Lijiang, so there are canals everywhere.

Entrance
Pretty pond

There were lotus blossoms! 

Canal

Horse-drawn cart

Part being constructed
We had hot pot, FINALLY! I've been waiting this entire trip to eat hot pot. And it was oh so good. The peanut milk was to help with the spiciness, haha.

Just started

All the food we ate
The only other time we went out after that was when my aunt's friend had a birthday dinner and invited us. That was interesting, to say the least, because my aunt's friends can actually be quite rowdy. I tried bai jiu during dinner...not a pleasant experience. My aunt kept making me drink more! I only had three tiny glasses though. Didn't get drunk. However, my aunt and her friends certainly did! After dinner we ended up going to karaoke with them, and a couple of the people there were so incredibly drunk. One man kept pretending like he was playing the instruments used in the songs, and another woman kept dancing right in front of the screen, blocking the words. Not helpful. But it was rather entertaining. The air instrumentalist also sang a song, except his singing was SO off-key, just awful. Hilarious though. Anyway, so that was one of the more interesting nights here. I'm actually leaving for France in 2 days, so I probably will only have one more China post!

No comments:

Post a Comment